Mulayam flays UP government
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav charged the Mayawati government with failing on all fronts and asked his party workers to gear up for the 2012 Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
"Party workers should gear up for a decisive battle and resolve to form the SP government in 2012 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections," Yadav said while addressing the state executive meeting here.
He alleged that while price rise was at its peak, Centre
and the state government were involved in corrupt practices.
"Congress government is neck-deep involved in corruption cases
in IPL, Commonwealth Games and spectrum scams," Yadav said.
The SP supremo alleged that while there was a threat of
attack from China, the Prime Minister and the Defence Minister
were "unaware" of its activities on the border.
Yadav said that victory of SP-backed candidates in UP
panchayat elections had proved that people were with the
party. "Tenure of the ruling party in the state is coming to
an end. SP is the only party which is fighting against the
corruption and misrule of the BSP government."
He also accused the BSP government of targeting SP
workers in the state and harassing them. "Due to indifferent
and biased attitude of the Centre towards UP, the state
government is taking advantage and has unleashed a reign of
loot and terror," the SP supremo charged.
Yadav further claimed that the state government was
overlooking agriculture and farmers who were not getting price
of their produce. "Development works being carried out during
SP regime have been halted by the BSP government."
Presenting a political and economic resolution, SP
claimed that the BSP government had failed on all fronts and
was insensitive towards the people of the state, specially
farmers, backwards and Muslims.
The party also condemned the state government for hike in
students` fee, roadways fare, power tariff and medical
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today