Mulayam lashes at Centre for `step-motherly treatment to UP`
Lucknow: Drawing comparison with Bihar, which has got Rs 12,000-crore special package, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday alleged that Uttar Pradesh was not getting "adequate help" from the Centre for development despite shortage of resources.
"The Centre is meeting out step-motherly treatment to UP. It has helped Bihar, which is appreciable, but UP is not getting adequate help from the Centre for development despite shortage of resources," Mulayam said while addressing a meeting of `Mahila Sabha` office-bearers.
The former UP chief minister also criticised the land acquisition Bill.
"Agricultural land was shrinking while the population was on the rise and in such a situation the Centre was bringing land acquisition Bill," he said.
Terming the role of women important in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, Mulayam said that women workers of the party would have a big responsibility to shoulder and they should leave no stone unturned in ensuring that SP reaches Delhi.
He said that during elections at least six women workers would be deployed at each booth.
Speaking on the occasion, UP Chief Minister and SP state president Akhilesh Yadav said that women played an important role in ensuring SP`s victory in the state.
He said that women would be given opportunity in the government and the organisation.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, which met here on Thursday, gave its approval to continue the special plan for Bihar in the remaining four years (2013-14 to 2016-17) of the Twelfth Five Year Plan with a total allocation of Rs 12,000 crore for the entire Plan period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!