Mulayam lashes at Centre for `step-motherly treatment to UP`
Lucknow: Drawing comparison with Bihar, which has got Rs 12,000-crore special package, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday alleged that Uttar Pradesh was not getting "adequate help" from the Centre for development despite shortage of resources.
"The Centre is meeting out step-motherly treatment to UP. It has helped Bihar, which is appreciable, but UP is not getting adequate help from the Centre for development despite shortage of resources," Mulayam said while addressing a meeting of `Mahila Sabha` office-bearers.
The former UP chief minister also criticised the land acquisition Bill.
"Agricultural land was shrinking while the population was on the rise and in such a situation the Centre was bringing land acquisition Bill," he said.
Terming the role of women important in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, Mulayam said that women workers of the party would have a big responsibility to shoulder and they should leave no stone unturned in ensuring that SP reaches Delhi.
He said that during elections at least six women workers would be deployed at each booth.
Speaking on the occasion, UP Chief Minister and SP state president Akhilesh Yadav said that women played an important role in ensuring SP`s victory in the state.
He said that women would be given opportunity in the government and the organisation.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, which met here on Thursday, gave its approval to continue the special plan for Bihar in the remaining four years (2013-14 to 2016-17) of the Twelfth Five Year Plan with a total allocation of Rs 12,000 crore for the entire Plan period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH