Mulayam, Mayawati betraying Dalits: Bharti
Fatehpur: BJP leader Uma Bharti on Tuesday accused Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and BSP
supremo Mayawati of "betraying" the backwards and dalits, on
whose support they had come to power in Uttar Pradesh.
Bharti alleged that while "enjoying the fruits of
power" these two leaders have only benefited their families
and "the conditions of backwards and dalits remains the same
as these leaders have betrayed them".
Bharti, who is currently on `nirmal ganga abhiyan`
while addressing pubic meetings in Thariyaon and Khaga areas,
claimed that the diamonds and jewellery donned by Mayawati
have come from the hard earned money of the poor.
On the situation in Uttar Pradesh, she said that
corruption is at its peak and crime has risen manifold while
the police administration remains paralysed.
Stressing that BJP was with social activist Anna
Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev in their campaign against black
money and for the Lokpal Bill, Bharti said that like her
campaign for cleaning the Ganga, her party has also started a
campaign for cleaning politics.
"It is for for cleaning the country and state from
mis-governance that I have joined the BJP," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj