Mulayam, Mayawati betraying Dalits: Bharti
Fatehpur: BJP leader Uma Bharti on Tuesday accused Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and BSP
supremo Mayawati of "betraying" the backwards and dalits, on
whose support they had come to power in Uttar Pradesh.
Bharti alleged that while "enjoying the fruits of
power" these two leaders have only benefited their families
and "the conditions of backwards and dalits remains the same
as these leaders have betrayed them".
Bharti, who is currently on `nirmal ganga abhiyan`
while addressing pubic meetings in Thariyaon and Khaga areas,
claimed that the diamonds and jewellery donned by Mayawati
have come from the hard earned money of the poor.
On the situation in Uttar Pradesh, she said that
corruption is at its peak and crime has risen manifold while
the police administration remains paralysed.
Stressing that BJP was with social activist Anna
Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev in their campaign against black
money and for the Lokpal Bill, Bharti said that like her
campaign for cleaning the Ganga, her party has also started a
campaign for cleaning politics.
"It is for for cleaning the country and state from
mis-governance that I have joined the BJP," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa