`Mulayam must seek pardon for Ayodhya comments`
Lucknow: A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader on Saturday demanded that Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav should seek pardon for his comments that the Allahabad High Court`s verdict on the Ayodhya dispute was based on belief and not legalities and evidences.
"His (Yadav`s) comments are extremely unfortunate…He must seek pardon from the people of this country, particularly the natives of Ayodhya," said Vinay Katiyar, BJP national vice-president, while speaking to reporters in Faizabad district, some 150 km from Lucknow.
"On behalf of the residents of the holy Ayodhya city, I demand that Mulayam Singh must bow his head at the Ram Lalla (the makeshift temple at the disputed site) and seek pardon," he added.
Katiyar alleged that Yadav`s comments are intended to solicit support from the minority community.
"It is a desperate attempt to win back the Muslims… It`s disgraceful that Mulayam Singh is exploiting the issue for appeasement of Muslims," Katiyar said.
A special three-judge bench of the Allahabad High Court`s Lucknow bench Thursday by a majority verdict ruled that the place where the Babri Masjid in Ayodhya stood, before it was razed by Hindu mobs in 1992, was indeed the birthplace of Hindu God Ram.
It also ruled that the entire disputed land in Ayodhya, a riverside temple town in Uttar Pradesh, should be divided among the Sunni Central Waqf Board, the Ram temple and the Nirmohi Akhara, a Hindu sect and an original litigant in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video