Mulayam only promising, not delivering: Cong
Lucknow: Having a dig at Samajwadi Party
chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s pledge of reservation to Muslims
in the party`s manifesto, Congress on Friday said his party does
not have the numerical strength in Parliament to deliver on
the promise by amending the Constitution.
"I think Mulayam Singh Yadav must also realise that
giving 18 per cent reservation means amending the
Constitution. Can SP, a regional party, with 21 members in
Parliament, amend the Constitution"? Congress General
Secretary Digvijay Singh said.
He said it means 18 per cent reservation would be given
when SP would get 300 seats in the Lok Sabha.
"He is promising but no delivering. It would have been
better had he mentioned his achivements as UP Chief Minister,"
The Congress leader said he had researched the speeches
of Mulayam Singh Yadav but didn`t find even a single comment
about Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh.
"He not only took a person responsible for Babri mosque
incident in the alliance but also made his son a minister in
his government," he alleged while referring to former BJP
leader Kalyan Singh.
"When Kalyan`s son was being made the minister, Azam
Khan had no objection but now he has," Singh added.
Digvijay Singh said Mulayam Singh Yadav had even inducted
in SP RLD leader Anuradha Chaudhary who had allegedly said in
Muzaffarnagar during the last polls that Muslims were
"Mulayam always keeps a door open for the support of
BJP," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video