Mulayam praises Advani, tells Akhilesh to put house in order
Lucknow: Slamming ministers and officers for tarnishing the image of Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh by indulging in "sycophancy", party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday asked his son and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to be a strict administrator.
"Akhilesh, the government is not run by flexibility, but by (taking) tough stand," the SP supremo said during a speech here on the occasion of the 103rd birth anniversary of Ram Manohar Lohia.
Yadav, who has in the past too made clear his unhappiness over the functioning of Akhilesh government, said, "Ministers are indulging in leisure and officers in sycophancy to get their work done. That is bringing a bad (name) to the government... It won`t be allowed."
Describing police stations and tehsil offices as the biggest centres of corruption, he said that the CM should undertake a review and initiate stern action against the district magistrates and police chiefs wherever irregularities are detected.
Until and unless there is fear among the officers, the functioning of government will not be proper, he said.
Taking ministers and party leaders to task, Yadav said that those who had worked to ensure victory of SP in the polls had been relegated to the background while the ministers had come to occupy the dais.
"I know the situation (the government is in). The CM should conduct a review... And take stern action. It is the responsibility of the CM to implement the (party) manifesto," the SP chief added.
Echoing the views of senior BJP leader LK Advani, Yadav said that if the CM failed to control the law and order situation, he would be tagged as an incapable administrator.
The former CM then alleged that as compared to UP, 10 times more crime was taking place in Delhi although that was not being discussed.
Attacking the Centre, Mulayam said "the government is one of cowards. The country`s borders are not secure".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report