Mulayam promises govt jobs to rape victims
Siddharth Nagar (UP): Samajwadi Party chief
Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday announced that rape victims would
be given government jobs if his party was voted to power in
"The incidents of rape will be checked effectively and
government jobs will be given to rape victims or one of their
family members in the state," he told an election rally here.
Yadav said his party in the event of forming a government
in the state would take stern action against the rapists.
Addressing a string of rallies in Bahraich, the SP
supremo tried to woo voters from backward classes.
He said 17 castes, currently under the OBC category,
would be given facilities on par with dalits by his party
The 17 castes include Nishad, Mallah, Kevat, Bind,
Manjhi, Prajapati, Rajbhar, Chain, Kashyap and Kahar, he said.
Yadav also promised two sarees every year to a poor
woman and a blanket to a man in the event of the SP coming to
power in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?