Mulayam promises govt jobs to rape victims
Siddharth Nagar (UP): Samajwadi Party chief
Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday announced that rape victims would
be given government jobs if his party was voted to power in
"The incidents of rape will be checked effectively and
government jobs will be given to rape victims or one of their
family members in the state," he told an election rally here.
Yadav said his party in the event of forming a government
in the state would take stern action against the rapists.
Addressing a string of rallies in Bahraich, the SP
supremo tried to woo voters from backward classes.
He said 17 castes, currently under the OBC category,
would be given facilities on par with dalits by his party
The 17 castes include Nishad, Mallah, Kevat, Bind,
Manjhi, Prajapati, Rajbhar, Chain, Kashyap and Kahar, he said.
Yadav also promised two sarees every year to a poor
woman and a blanket to a man in the event of the SP coming to
power in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts