Mulayam promises govt jobs to rape victims
Siddharth Nagar (UP): Samajwadi Party chief
Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday announced that rape victims would
be given government jobs if his party was voted to power in
"The incidents of rape will be checked effectively and
government jobs will be given to rape victims or one of their
family members in the state," he told an election rally here.
Yadav said his party in the event of forming a government
in the state would take stern action against the rapists.
Addressing a string of rallies in Bahraich, the SP
supremo tried to woo voters from backward classes.
He said 17 castes, currently under the OBC category,
would be given facilities on par with dalits by his party
The 17 castes include Nishad, Mallah, Kevat, Bind,
Manjhi, Prajapati, Rajbhar, Chain, Kashyap and Kahar, he said.
Yadav also promised two sarees every year to a poor
woman and a blanket to a man in the event of the SP coming to
power in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state