Mulayam promises govt jobs to rape victims
Siddharth Nagar (UP): Samajwadi Party chief
Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday announced that rape victims would
be given government jobs if his party was voted to power in
"The incidents of rape will be checked effectively and
government jobs will be given to rape victims or one of their
family members in the state," he told an election rally here.
Yadav said his party in the event of forming a government
in the state would take stern action against the rapists.
Addressing a string of rallies in Bahraich, the SP
supremo tried to woo voters from backward classes.
He said 17 castes, currently under the OBC category,
would be given facilities on par with dalits by his party
The 17 castes include Nishad, Mallah, Kevat, Bind,
Manjhi, Prajapati, Rajbhar, Chain, Kashyap and Kahar, he said.
Yadav also promised two sarees every year to a poor
woman and a blanket to a man in the event of the SP coming to
power in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Police in Florida shoot black man lying on ground
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government
- Sexual harassment case: One witness denied allegations against Kumar Vishwas: Police to HC
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused bail plea
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse