Mulayam promises special law for rickshaw pullers
Sant Kabir Nagar: Making a slew of
promises ahead of the Assembly polls, Samajwadi Party supremo
Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday said he will install motors in cycle
richshaws and bring in place a special law so that a rickshaw
puller never goes hungry.
"If voted to power, I will make such a law that a
rickshaw puller will not have to sleep hungry in case he did
not have income in the day. Also, motors will be installed in
rickshaws on government expenses so that a man should not have
to pull a man," Yadav said addressing an election rally here.
Yadav alleged that in his regime when money was released
from the Centre, it was properly monitored unlike in the
present BSP regime.
"In the past five years no inquiry team has arrived from
the Centre to check usage of its funds. In view of elections,
inquiry has been initiated now...," he said adding that only
officers are being targeted but the real culprits--ministers
and Chief Ministers are spared.
Yadav also promised free electricity to weavers and
farmers and increasing unemployment allowance and Kanya vidya
Dhan amount if his party succeeded in forming the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more
- Govt lists GST Bill for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha's agenda for next week
- Kasol - Rejuvenate yourself with serenity, peace in the nature's lap
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video