Mulayam sees flaws in Akhilesh govt, seeks correct
Etawah: The Akhilesh Yadav-led government on Monday came under criticism of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, who said he was receiving a lot of complaints regarding functioning of the state government.
Expressed dissatisfaction over increasing bureaucratic interference in the working of some of the departments, Mulayam advised the government to take corrective measures.
"I am getting a lot of complaints regarding functioning of various departments. They are being run by officers only (and not by the ministers). The government should look into it," Mulayam said during a programme in his hometown.
Suggesting that lack of coordination between ministers and bureaucrats will affect government`s functioning, the SP supremo advised both of them to abide by the Cabinet decisions, so that they can be implemented in letter and spirit.
"The government should work in an unbiased manner (as) it does not belong to any particular. The chief minister is for every citizen," added Mulayam, who was speaking in the presence of son Akhilesh and brother Shivpal.
The state government bears the responsibility of turning Uttar Pradesh from a "backward" state to a developed one, he asserted, and advised Akhilesh to call a cabinet meeting for fast-tracking various pending projects.
"We have to remove tag of backward state from UP and make it a developed one. The country cannot progress without progress of UP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!