Mulayam sees flaws in Akhilesh govt, seeks correct
Etawah: The Akhilesh Yadav-led government on Monday came under criticism of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, who said he was receiving a lot of complaints regarding functioning of the state government.
Expressed dissatisfaction over increasing bureaucratic interference in the working of some of the departments, Mulayam advised the government to take corrective measures.
"I am getting a lot of complaints regarding functioning of various departments. They are being run by officers only (and not by the ministers). The government should look into it," Mulayam said during a programme in his hometown.
Suggesting that lack of coordination between ministers and bureaucrats will affect government`s functioning, the SP supremo advised both of them to abide by the Cabinet decisions, so that they can be implemented in letter and spirit.
"The government should work in an unbiased manner (as) it does not belong to any particular. The chief minister is for every citizen," added Mulayam, who was speaking in the presence of son Akhilesh and brother Shivpal.
The state government bears the responsibility of turning Uttar Pradesh from a "backward" state to a developed one, he asserted, and advised Akhilesh to call a cabinet meeting for fast-tracking various pending projects.
"We have to remove tag of backward state from UP and make it a developed one. The country cannot progress without progress of UP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi