Mulayam sees flaws in Akhilesh govt, seeks correct
Etawah: The Akhilesh Yadav-led government on Monday came under criticism of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, who said he was receiving a lot of complaints regarding functioning of the state government.
Expressed dissatisfaction over increasing bureaucratic interference in the working of some of the departments, Mulayam advised the government to take corrective measures.
"I am getting a lot of complaints regarding functioning of various departments. They are being run by officers only (and not by the ministers). The government should look into it," Mulayam said during a programme in his hometown.
Suggesting that lack of coordination between ministers and bureaucrats will affect government`s functioning, the SP supremo advised both of them to abide by the Cabinet decisions, so that they can be implemented in letter and spirit.
"The government should work in an unbiased manner (as) it does not belong to any particular. The chief minister is for every citizen," added Mulayam, who was speaking in the presence of son Akhilesh and brother Shivpal.
The state government bears the responsibility of turning Uttar Pradesh from a "backward" state to a developed one, he asserted, and advised Akhilesh to call a cabinet meeting for fast-tracking various pending projects.
"We have to remove tag of backward state from UP and make it a developed one. The country cannot progress without progress of UP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29