Mulayam Singh disappointed with Ayodhya verdict
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday said that he was disappointed by the Ayodhya title suit verdict as he felt faith was given "priority" over
"I am disappointed as the decision in a judicial verdict was delivered by keeping faith above law and evidences," Mulayam told reporters here reading out a written statement.
The SP leader said Muslims of the country were feeling "cheated and the entire community was in the state of despair".
"This is not a good sign for the country, the Constitution and even for the judiciary," the SP supremo said.
Mulayam said that he was of the view that the aggrieved party will move the Supreme Court where a decision would be given on the basis of evidences and law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway