Mulayam Singh sets sight on Centre, seeks party`s expansion
Lucknow: Noting that party`s expansion is the need of the hour to "grasp power at Centre", Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday said in coming Lok Sabha polls, SP will field candidates in other states besides UP.
Mulayam, while addressing a meeting of party office-bearers, asserted his party has persistently worked for the welfare of the backward class, and to carry it forward, it needs to come to power at the Centre.
"The biggest challenge is the coming Lok Sabha polls as rights of backwards rest in Delhi, which can be achieved only by grasping power at the Centre," Yadav said.
"Expansion of Samajwadi Party is the need of the hour. It (the party) will field candidates in other states also in the coming Lok Sabha elections," he added.
Claiming that it is the SP which which gave the backward class an identity of its own, Mulayam said there has been a conspiracy to keep the backward sections out of power.
Mulayam, who had pulled up his son Akhilesh`s government on several occasions, showered praise today, saying the SP government is performing better than other state governments.
In his address, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said the SP government in Uttar Pradesh is doing better than the previous BSP regime and has implemented many welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla