Mulayam Singh sets sight on Centre, seeks party`s expansion
Lucknow: Noting that party`s expansion is the need of the hour to "grasp power at Centre", Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday said in coming Lok Sabha polls, SP will field candidates in other states besides UP.
Mulayam, while addressing a meeting of party office-bearers, asserted his party has persistently worked for the welfare of the backward class, and to carry it forward, it needs to come to power at the Centre.
"The biggest challenge is the coming Lok Sabha polls as rights of backwards rest in Delhi, which can be achieved only by grasping power at the Centre," Yadav said.
"Expansion of Samajwadi Party is the need of the hour. It (the party) will field candidates in other states also in the coming Lok Sabha elections," he added.
Claiming that it is the SP which which gave the backward class an identity of its own, Mulayam said there has been a conspiracy to keep the backward sections out of power.
Mulayam, who had pulled up his son Akhilesh`s government on several occasions, showered praise today, saying the SP government is performing better than other state governments.
In his address, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said the SP government in Uttar Pradesh is doing better than the previous BSP regime and has implemented many welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video