Mulayam Singh to choose candidates for five UP assembly bypolls
Lucknow: The Parliamentary Board of the Samajwadi Party on Saturday authorised national president Mulayam Singh Yadav to select candidates for five assembly seats in Uttar Pradesh for which bypolls will be held soon.
"Of the 12 Vidhan Sabha seats for which by-elections are due, names of seven candidates were approved by the Board.
"For the remaining five seats, the national president has been authorised to choose party nominees," SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
The Parliamentary Board meeting was chaired by state SP president and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
During the meeting, discussions were also held on various issues including the membership drive, preparations for bypolls and taking achivements of the UP government to villages, the spokesman said.
The party has launched a membership campaign from July which will continue till August 31. Under the drive, a target of enrolling 1.5 lakh members has been fixed.
It was also decided at the meeting to observe student awareness fortnight from September 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire