Mulayam Singh to meet party MLAs, MPs
Lucknow: To review the progress of poll preparations, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav will meet party MLAs and MPs on Saturday.
The meeting comes hot on the heels of Yadav`s April 3 discussions with district president.
A meeting of all the MLAs and MPs have been called tomorrow by the party president, a party source said here.
Yadav, who is eyeing major role at the Centre after the General Elections, is likely to tighten the noose around some party leaders, sources said.
SP has fixed a target of at least 40 seats (out of 80) in the Lok Sabha polls.
At the meeting of district presidents on April 3, Yadav had taken feedback about party`s poll preparedness and was also told about the performance of legislators, ministers and MPs in their respective areas.
On demand of district presidents, Yadav also assured of giving them more power by arraging entry passes of annexe and installation of 100 handpumps in their areas on their recommendations.
SP has declared candidates on 71 Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj