Mulayam Singh Yadav has right to scold: Akhilesh
Lucknow: A day after Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav publicly admonished the working of his son`s government in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today said it was his right as the party supremo.
"Whose fathers don`t scold their sons? As party chief, Netaji (Mulayam) has the right to say this," Akhilesh said, responding to questions during a function at his residence.
The Chief Minister, however, said, "I sometimes fail to understand when he (Mulayam) becomes father and when party chief."
Mulayam had yesterday given a 10-day ultimatum to party ministers and babus in UP to "mend their ways" or face the sack, and even ticked off his son Akhilesh asking him to keep distance from "sycophants".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui