Mulayam Singh Yadav has right to scold: Akhilesh
Lucknow: A day after Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav publicly admonished the working of his son`s government in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today said it was his right as the party supremo.
"Whose fathers don`t scold their sons? As party chief, Netaji (Mulayam) has the right to say this," Akhilesh said, responding to questions during a function at his residence.
The Chief Minister, however, said, "I sometimes fail to understand when he (Mulayam) becomes father and when party chief."
Mulayam had yesterday given a 10-day ultimatum to party ministers and babus in UP to "mend their ways" or face the sack, and even ticked off his son Akhilesh asking him to keep distance from "sycophants".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi