Mulayam Singh Yadav has right to scold: Akhilesh
Lucknow: A day after Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav publicly admonished the working of his son`s government in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today said it was his right as the party supremo.
"Whose fathers don`t scold their sons? As party chief, Netaji (Mulayam) has the right to say this," Akhilesh said, responding to questions during a function at his residence.
The Chief Minister, however, said, "I sometimes fail to understand when he (Mulayam) becomes father and when party chief."
Mulayam had yesterday given a 10-day ultimatum to party ministers and babus in UP to "mend their ways" or face the sack, and even ticked off his son Akhilesh asking him to keep distance from "sycophants".
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- DNA : Analysis of connection between Emaar MGF and Rahul Gandhi
- Pakistan is raising a security force to protect Chinese nationals
- Govt targets Rs 64,580 cr revenue in FY17 from spectrum sale
- Seven Indian shuttlers set to qualify for Rio Olympics
- Sanjay Dutt rejects speculation on joining BJP, says 'attended the event for my friend'
- WATCH: Despite crushing defeat, Virat Kohli shows ultimate sign of sporting spirit