Mulayam Singh Yadav has right to scold: Akhilesh
Lucknow: A day after Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav publicly admonished the working of his son`s government in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today said it was his right as the party supremo.
"Whose fathers don`t scold their sons? As party chief, Netaji (Mulayam) has the right to say this," Akhilesh said, responding to questions during a function at his residence.
The Chief Minister, however, said, "I sometimes fail to understand when he (Mulayam) becomes father and when party chief."
Mulayam had yesterday given a 10-day ultimatum to party ministers and babus in UP to "mend their ways" or face the sack, and even ticked off his son Akhilesh asking him to keep distance from "sycophants".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read