Mulayam Singh Yadav needs my loyalty, won`t abandon me: Azam Khan
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: With pressure rising on the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh to sack Cabinet Minister Azam Khan for his role in Muzaffarnagar riots, the latter has expressed confidence that he won`t be abandoned by his party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav since he has been very loyal to him.
Reports on Friday quoted Azam khan as saying, "I know Mulayam can never leave me. He needs my loyalty... he cannot leave me".
The reactions from the samajwadi party Muslim leader came a day after four Uttar Pradesh police officers levelled serious allegations against him in court over last month`s communal riots in Muzaffarnagar.
On Thursday, the Allahabad High Court issued a notice to Khan after four officers in charge of police stations in villages that were mangled by the violence told the court that they were unfairly suspended from the police force on his orders.
They also claimed that they were punished because the police had arrested seven Muslims for allegedly killing two Jat brothers in the village of Kawal on August 27.
They said in court that under pressure from the minister, their bosses ordered the release of the suspects immediately.
Azam Khan, however, categorically denied that he pressured police officials to ignore the violence in which nearly 50 people were killed. The minister said that he will clarify his stand in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends