Mulayam Singh Yadav to hold 18 rallies across Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party (SP) chief and former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav will start his campaign for Lok Sabha polls 2014 on October 29, party leaders said on Thursday. The first of 18 rallies would be held in Azamgarh.
The state parliamentary board on Wednesday chalked out an elaborate electoral road map for the SP chief, under which he will address 18 public rallies across the state.
"He would be focusing on all divisions, and would be spreading awareness about the pro-farmer and pro-poor works and schemes undertaken by the Akhilesh Yadav government," a leader told a news agency.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has planned nine rallies in the state with its prime minister candidate Narendra Modi. The Congress has eight rallies worked out for its vice-president Rahul Gandhi, who held rallies in Aligarh and Rampur Wednesday.
Modi`s first Uttar Pradesh rally is slated for October 19, in Kanpur.
The Samajwadi Party directed its workers to ensure that people have their names in the electoral rolls, and cast their votes.
The SP chief also directed the formation of a state core committee to oversee electoral preparations for the 80 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
Party leaders have also been told to fan out in the countryside to inform villagers and farmers of welfare schemes undertaken by the state government, and point out efforts of certain parties to foment communal strife in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks