Mulayam wants BJP rule in the country: Beni Prasad Verma
Farukhabad: Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Friday fired fresh salvo at Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav accusing him of practising politics of communalism.
"Mulayam always practised politics of communalism and destruction due to which I felt suffocated in SP. Now (senior UP minister) Azam Khan is feeling suffocated there.... I want him to join the Congress," Verma told reporters here.
Alleging that government officials were not allowed to work freely due to which Muzaffarnagar riots took place, the Union Steel minister said the situation in Uttar Pradesh was favourable for President`s Rule.
"The situation was favourable for President`s rule in UP after Muzaffarnagar riots, but due to the Supreme Court order in the SR Bommai case, the decision was shelved," he said.
Claiming that Yadav wants BJP rule in the country, Verma charged that by slapping the National Security Act on BJP MLAs in the Muzaffarnagar riots Samajwadi Party was strengthening the opposition party.
On BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Verma charged he would not be able become Prime Minister and get a chance to deliver a speech from Red Fort.
"Britishers had dreamt of a `Congress Mukt Bharat` (Congress-free India) and had to leave the country. Now, Modi has the same dream and time will tell his fate," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'