Mulayam`s daughter-in-law launches her political foray
Firozabad (Uttar Pradesh): Dimple Yadav, the daughter-in-law of Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, began her foray in politics with a maiden speech at a huge rally in Firozabad where she is contesting the bye-election for a parliamentary seat.
Introducing his daughter-in-law as the party candidate for the Firozabad by-poll, caused by his son Akhilesh vacating it to retain Kannauj seat, Mulayam Singh promised free water for irrigation to farmers from government tubewells.
He said the central government had miserably failed to arrest the price rise which had hit the common man, while the state government too was doing nothing except promoting its own interests.
Party general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav appealed to the voters to ensure sound defeat of both the Congress and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) candidates.
According to local political analysts, the battle in Firozabad would be between her and cine star-turned-politician Raj Babbar, who is contesting on a Congress ticket.
Raj Babbar lost the Fatehpur Sikri seat by a narrow margin to the BSP`s Seema Upadhyaya in the April-May general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das