Mulayam`s daughter-in-law launches her political foray
Firozabad (Uttar Pradesh): Dimple Yadav, the daughter-in-law of Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, began her foray in politics with a maiden speech at a huge rally in Firozabad where she is contesting the bye-election for a parliamentary seat.
Introducing his daughter-in-law as the party candidate for the Firozabad by-poll, caused by his son Akhilesh vacating it to retain Kannauj seat, Mulayam Singh promised free water for irrigation to farmers from government tubewells.
He said the central government had miserably failed to arrest the price rise which had hit the common man, while the state government too was doing nothing except promoting its own interests.
Party general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav appealed to the voters to ensure sound defeat of both the Congress and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) candidates.
According to local political analysts, the battle in Firozabad would be between her and cine star-turned-politician Raj Babbar, who is contesting on a Congress ticket.
Raj Babbar lost the Fatehpur Sikri seat by a narrow margin to the BSP`s Seema Upadhyaya in the April-May general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday