Multi-layered security for Narendra Modi rally in UP
Bahraich: A multi-cordon security wrap is being ensured for BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s `Vijay Shankhnad Rally` here on November 8. "Though the Gujarat Chief Minister is already a Z special category (leader) and NSG protectee, all efforts are being made to provide foolproof security to him, especially in view of recent bomb blasts during his Patna rally," a senior police official, involved in security arrangements, said on Wednesday on condition of anonymity.
A team of about 12 Gujarat police officials have already started making security related suggestions and recce, the official said. Help of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), which mans the Indo-Nepal border, has been taken while anti-sabotage team, anti-mines unit, bomb disposal and dog squads of the state have also been called in.
According to the official, four SPs, 8 additional SPs, a team of SP Railway and GRP personnel, six companies of PAC Constabulary, 800 homeguards, eight ADMs, 25 SDMs, have also been called here from outside the district for the rally.
Besides, NSG commandos and jawans of Gujarat police would be present at the rally venue, he said, adding all the entry points would have metal detector doors and all the 15 blocks of the rally would be under surveillance of CCTV cameras`.
Sophisticated jammers, a bullet proof place on the stage for leaders to address the rally and bullet proof vehicles have also been arranged.
Labourers, contractors and BJP leaders and workers overseeing the works of the rally venue would be allowed entry only after checking their identity cards.
Managers of hotels, lodges and inns have been asked to promptly inform about any suspicious movement or people staying at their places.
Arrangements have also been made in hospitals to deal with any eventuality on the rally day as a precautionary measure, the police official said.
According to BJP leader Anupama Jaiswal, over three lakh people, including a large number of women from eight nearby Lok Sabha constituencies are expected to attend the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre