Murder case against former BSP minister
Lucknow: A murder case was on Thursday lodged against former BSP minister Nand Gopal Gupta alias Nandi and four others in Allahabad.
A woman, Anita Devi, whose husband Rakesh Yadav is lodged in Naini jail, was returning home on a motorcycle after meeting him when she was shot dead yesterday, DIG (public grievance) Jai Narain Singh said.
On the complaint of Anita Devi`s daughter, a case under sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (conspiracy) of IPC was lodged against the former stamp and registration minister and four others, Singh said.
Rakesh Yadav in presently in jail in connection with attack on Nandi in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army