Murder case against six cops
Basti: A case of murder has been registered against six policemen, including a then SHO, in connection with the death of a sub-inspector last year, a police officer said here on Wednesday.
Sub-Inspector Manoj Singh died following gunshot injuries in Nagar Police Station here on May 19 last year. Police had then described it as a case of suicide.
Singh`s wife Manisha had alleged he was murdered and demanded lodging of an FIR against the then SHO Tribhuvan Prasad.
A case of murder had been registered yesterday against Prasad, sub-inspector J P Saroj, clerk Jatashanker Tewari and three others, SHO Bhanu Pratap Singh said.
The FIR was filed after intervention of senior police officers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP