Murder case against six cops
Basti: A case of murder has been registered against six policemen, including a then SHO, in connection with the death of a sub-inspector last year, a police officer said here on Wednesday.
Sub-Inspector Manoj Singh died following gunshot injuries in Nagar Police Station here on May 19 last year. Police had then described it as a case of suicide.
Singh`s wife Manisha had alleged he was murdered and demanded lodging of an FIR against the then SHO Tribhuvan Prasad.
A case of murder had been registered yesterday against Prasad, sub-inspector J P Saroj, clerk Jatashanker Tewari and three others, SHO Bhanu Pratap Singh said.
The FIR was filed after intervention of senior police officers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends