Murder case against six cops
Basti: A case of murder has been registered against six policemen, including a then SHO, in connection with the death of a sub-inspector last year, a police officer said here on Wednesday.
Sub-Inspector Manoj Singh died following gunshot injuries in Nagar Police Station here on May 19 last year. Police had then described it as a case of suicide.
Singh`s wife Manisha had alleged he was murdered and demanded lodging of an FIR against the then SHO Tribhuvan Prasad.
A case of murder had been registered yesterday against Prasad, sub-inspector J P Saroj, clerk Jatashanker Tewari and three others, SHO Bhanu Pratap Singh said.
The FIR was filed after intervention of senior police officers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note