Murder of BJP leader`s wife: man arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: A man was arrested in the capital
for allegedly murdering the wife of a former UP minister
during a robbery attempt at her residence in Muzaffarnagar
four days ago along with his associates, police said today.
Joshodh Chaudhury was apprehended yesterday from his
rented accommodation in south-east Delhi`s Badarpur where he
was hiding after the murder, Additional Commissioner of Police
(South-East) Virender Chahal said.
Chaudhury along with his associates allegedly murdered
Revati Singh (75), wife of sitting BJP MLA Hukkum Nairain
Singh who was a minister in UP earlier, in her Muzaffarnagar
residence on July 31. Narain, who is the BJP MLA from Kairana,
is the BJP deputy leader in UP Assembly.
"Chaudhary, a native of Bihar`s Madhubani, shifted to
Delhi 13 years ago and opened a tailoring shop RK Tailors in
Molar Band Extension," Chahal said. He was carrying a reward
of Rs 12,000 on his head declared by UP Police.
Based on his disclosure, Rs 50.80 lakh in cash and 6
rings were recovered from the house which he has taken on rent
to avoid police arrest. Two gunny bags were also recovered
from the spot which were used in transporting the looted
amount to Delhi, he said.
Chahal said the murder and robbery was committed with the
connivance and assistance of one of the servants of Singh
identified as Shankar and his former servant Ravinder
Joshodh, Ravinder and three others conspired to rob the
house on the intervening night of July 30 and 31 after
receiving a tip off from Shankar that the MLA was not present
in his house. During the robbery, they strangled to death
MLA`s wife Revati.
Joshodh also told police that one of the co-accused
Pradeep took his share of Rs 12 lakh and left Delhi.
The UP Police has been informed about the arrested and
Chaudhury will be handed over to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands