Murli Manohar Joshi slams Mulayam Singh
Lucknow: Flaying Mulayam Singh Yadav, senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Sunday said the Samajwadi Party chief`s recent statement that he would not allow Muslims to be cheated was dangerous.
"Mulayam had yesterday said he will not tolerate that anyone should cheat Muslims. Does this mean he will tolerate that others should be subjected to cheating. What he said is dangerous," Joshi told reporters here.
"There should be no cheating with anyone. Everybody has a right to get justice," he said.
Mulayam during a meeting with Muslim leaders yesterday said any betrayal with the community would not be tolerated.
On recommendations of the Ranganath Commission and the Sachar Committee, Joshi said debates should be held on what these reports were all about and what were their contents.
"Raising such issues for vote bank politics is not good," he said.
To a question, Joshi said MNS chief Raj Thackeray should stop talking about division on linguistic and regional lines.
"This country belongs to all," he said adding no person should be allowed to disturb the social fabric of the country.
"BJP strongly opposes divisive forces," Joshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened