Murli Manohar Joshi slams Mulayam Singh
Lucknow: Flaying Mulayam Singh Yadav, senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Sunday said the Samajwadi Party chief`s recent statement that he would not allow Muslims to be cheated was dangerous.
"Mulayam had yesterday said he will not tolerate that anyone should cheat Muslims. Does this mean he will tolerate that others should be subjected to cheating. What he said is dangerous," Joshi told reporters here.
"There should be no cheating with anyone. Everybody has a right to get justice," he said.
Mulayam during a meeting with Muslim leaders yesterday said any betrayal with the community would not be tolerated.
On recommendations of the Ranganath Commission and the Sachar Committee, Joshi said debates should be held on what these reports were all about and what were their contents.
"Raising such issues for vote bank politics is not good," he said.
To a question, Joshi said MNS chief Raj Thackeray should stop talking about division on linguistic and regional lines.
"This country belongs to all," he said adding no person should be allowed to disturb the social fabric of the country.
"BJP strongly opposes divisive forces," Joshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price