Murli Manohar Joshi slams Mulayam Singh
Lucknow: Flaying Mulayam Singh Yadav, senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Sunday said the Samajwadi Party chief`s recent statement that he would not allow Muslims to be cheated was dangerous.
"Mulayam had yesterday said he will not tolerate that anyone should cheat Muslims. Does this mean he will tolerate that others should be subjected to cheating. What he said is dangerous," Joshi told reporters here.
"There should be no cheating with anyone. Everybody has a right to get justice," he said.
Mulayam during a meeting with Muslim leaders yesterday said any betrayal with the community would not be tolerated.
On recommendations of the Ranganath Commission and the Sachar Committee, Joshi said debates should be held on what these reports were all about and what were their contents.
"Raising such issues for vote bank politics is not good," he said.
To a question, Joshi said MNS chief Raj Thackeray should stop talking about division on linguistic and regional lines.
"This country belongs to all," he said adding no person should be allowed to disturb the social fabric of the country.
"BJP strongly opposes divisive forces," Joshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!