Muslim body condemns Yasin`s sharing of dais with Hafiz Saeed
Lucknow: All India Shia Personal Law Board (AISPLB) today demanded a thorough probe into JKLF leader Yasin Malik meeting with Mumbai attack mastermind Hafeez Saeed.
The Muslim body also sought cancellation of Malik`s passport after the separatist leader shared dais with the LeT chief during his ongoing visit to Pakistan.
Terming the development as a "warning" for India, AISPLB spokesperson Maulana Yassob Abbas said, "All India Shia Personal Law Board lodges a strong protest over Yasin Malik sharing the dias with Hafiz Saeed in Islamabad."
"A probe should be ordered so as to know as to what plans he (Malik) has made sitting along with Saeed," Abbas added.
He said if the government desists from taking any action over the matter "for the sake of vote-bank politics", it will send a "very wrong message".
Abbas said be it the Parliament attack or the 26/11 Mumbai attack, Pakistan`s role in terror strikes in India has always came under light and in such circumstances, Malik`s meeting with Saeed sends a wrong message.
The Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front leader, who is currently on a private visit to Pakistan, and Saeed had yesterday come together to mourn the execution of Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru and shared the dais.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday