Muslim groups demands Kazmi`s release
Muzaffarnagar: Members of Muslim
organisations on Saturday disrupted rail services here, demanding
release of journalist Syed Mohammad Ahmad Kazmi who has been
arrested for his alleged role in the February 13 bombing of an
Israeli diplomat car.
Around 500 agitators led by Muzaffarnagar-based head of
the UP Imam Association, Mufti Zulfiqar, blocked the rail
track at the railway station here in the morning for about an
hour, disrupting train services.
The Muslim clerics raised slogans, demanding immediate
release of Kazmi.
Kazmi, 50, who claimed to have been writing for Iranian
publications, was arrested on March 7 following investigations
into the incident where a magnetic bomb was stuck on an
Israeli embassy vehicle in New Delhi.
Four persons including the wife of an Israeli diplomat
were injured in the bombing incident.
Police have registered a case against 200 agitators under
the Railways Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets