Muslim groups demands Kazmi`s release
Muzaffarnagar: Members of Muslim
organisations on Saturday disrupted rail services here, demanding
release of journalist Syed Mohammad Ahmad Kazmi who has been
arrested for his alleged role in the February 13 bombing of an
Israeli diplomat car.
Around 500 agitators led by Muzaffarnagar-based head of
the UP Imam Association, Mufti Zulfiqar, blocked the rail
track at the railway station here in the morning for about an
hour, disrupting train services.
The Muslim clerics raised slogans, demanding immediate
release of Kazmi.
Kazmi, 50, who claimed to have been writing for Iranian
publications, was arrested on March 7 following investigations
into the incident where a magnetic bomb was stuck on an
Israeli embassy vehicle in New Delhi.
Four persons including the wife of an Israeli diplomat
were injured in the bombing incident.
Police have registered a case against 200 agitators under
the Railways Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kremlin dismisses US Democratic email hack claims as `absurd`
- HC dismisses PIL against sale of 'Antilia' land to Mukesh Ambani
- Court issues arrest warrant against Vijayakanth, wife
- No plan for women in army combat role, Manohar Parrikar tells Rajya Sabha
- Dues over Rs 800 cr pending against Hotels in NDMC areas