Muslim leaders hails Akhilesh`s stand on Azam`s detention in US
Lucknow: A number of Muslim ulema and imams on Thursday met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and congratulated him for cancelling his programmes in US after detention of Mohammad Azam Khan at the Boston airport.
They hailed CM`s decision to boycott his lecture in Harvard university and cancelling other programmes to protest misbehaviour with Khan, party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhruy said.
Those who met Akhilesh included Ulema Council president Maulana Iqbal, Principal Nadwa Maulana Saeed-ur-Rehman, Chairman Shia Chand committee Maulana Saif Abbas and other representatives of muslim community.
They also hailed CM for arrangements made during Kumbh mela.
UP Urban Development Minister Azam Khan was detained for about 10 minutes at the Boston Logan International Airport for "further questioning" on April 24 after he landed in a scheduled British Airways flight from India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi