Muslim leaders hails Akhilesh`s stand on Azam`s detention in US
Lucknow: A number of Muslim ulema and imams on Thursday met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and congratulated him for cancelling his programmes in US after detention of Mohammad Azam Khan at the Boston airport.
They hailed CM`s decision to boycott his lecture in Harvard university and cancelling other programmes to protest misbehaviour with Khan, party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhruy said.
Those who met Akhilesh included Ulema Council president Maulana Iqbal, Principal Nadwa Maulana Saeed-ur-Rehman, Chairman Shia Chand committee Maulana Saif Abbas and other representatives of muslim community.
They also hailed CM for arrangements made during Kumbh mela.
UP Urban Development Minister Azam Khan was detained for about 10 minutes at the Boston Logan International Airport for "further questioning" on April 24 after he landed in a scheduled British Airways flight from India.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- UP Police Computer Operator Admit Card 2016 for May 19 exam available. Check uppbpb.gov.in
- Congress responsible for drought in state, says Maharashtra's finance minister
- US House passes email privacy bill
- PM Modi meets ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Twinkle Khanna’s words for ‘fitness freak’ hubby Akshay Kumar - It can’t get sweeter than this!