Muslim leaders hails Akhilesh`s stand on Azam`s detention in US
Lucknow: A number of Muslim ulema and imams on Thursday met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and congratulated him for cancelling his programmes in US after detention of Mohammad Azam Khan at the Boston airport.
They hailed CM`s decision to boycott his lecture in Harvard university and cancelling other programmes to protest misbehaviour with Khan, party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhruy said.
Those who met Akhilesh included Ulema Council president Maulana Iqbal, Principal Nadwa Maulana Saeed-ur-Rehman, Chairman Shia Chand committee Maulana Saif Abbas and other representatives of muslim community.
They also hailed CM for arrangements made during Kumbh mela.
UP Urban Development Minister Azam Khan was detained for about 10 minutes at the Boston Logan International Airport for "further questioning" on April 24 after he landed in a scheduled British Airways flight from India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves