Muslim representatives meet Mulayam, promise poll support
Lucknow: Representatives of the Muslim community on Friday met Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and assured support in the coming Lok Sabha elections in response to the steps taken by it for their welfare.
The delegation, that included All India Ulema Council president Maulana Iqbal and Shahmeen Dargah`s Rashid Manai, also thanked the state government for declaring the occasion of annual Urs at the Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti`s Dargah in Ajmer today, as a public holiday in the state.
On the occasion, Yadav said his party has always worked in the interest of the Muslim community and initiated steps for their welfare in light of the recommendations of Sachhar and Rangnath Mishra committees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday