Muslim representatives meet Mulayam, promise poll support
Lucknow: Representatives of the Muslim community on Friday met Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and assured support in the coming Lok Sabha elections in response to the steps taken by it for their welfare.
The delegation, that included All India Ulema Council president Maulana Iqbal and Shahmeen Dargah`s Rashid Manai, also thanked the state government for declaring the occasion of annual Urs at the Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti`s Dargah in Ajmer today, as a public holiday in the state.
On the occasion, Yadav said his party has always worked in the interest of the Muslim community and initiated steps for their welfare in light of the recommendations of Sachhar and Rangnath Mishra committees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre