Muslim reservation: Rahul accuses Maya, Mulayam
Ballia/Azamgarh: Joining the war of words on
minority quota, Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday accused BSP supremo
Mayawati and Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav of
keeping mum on the issue of reservation of Muslims during
their reign as head of the state government.
"Mulayam has been the CM thrice and Mayawati four times.
But not once they spoke about reservation(for Muslims) when
they were chief ministers, not once did they mention
reservation," he said during election meetings.
On separate quota for Muslims, Rahul said that till it
was announced, Mulayam had been silent on the issue but ever
since a decision was taken by the UPA government he has been
raising questions on it.
Rahul asked Mulayam to openly state how much reservation
he would provide to Muslims but said the SP leader would not
He charged Mulayam with betraying Muslims by befriending
former BJP leader Kalyan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!