Muslim reservation: Rahul accuses Maya, Mulayam
Ballia/Azamgarh: Joining the war of words on
minority quota, Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday accused BSP supremo
Mayawati and Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav of
keeping mum on the issue of reservation of Muslims during
their reign as head of the state government.
"Mulayam has been the CM thrice and Mayawati four times.
But not once they spoke about reservation(for Muslims) when
they were chief ministers, not once did they mention
reservation," he said during election meetings.
On separate quota for Muslims, Rahul said that till it
was announced, Mulayam had been silent on the issue but ever
since a decision was taken by the UPA government he has been
raising questions on it.
Rahul asked Mulayam to openly state how much reservation
he would provide to Muslims but said the SP leader would not
He charged Mulayam with betraying Muslims by befriending
former BJP leader Kalyan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire