Muslims to protest against Ahmed Kazmi`s arrest
Lucknow: Terming Syed Mohd Ahmed Kazmi`s
arrest as the latest instance of innocent Muslims being held
in terror cases, a noted Shia scholar on Friday said members of
the community will stage a march in Lucknow on March 23 and
lay siege to Parliament on March 26 to protest the move.
"In protest against the arrest of the senior scribe, a
protest march would be taken out from the Asifi imambara
to the Shaheed Smarak here after the Friday prayers next
week after which on March 26 Parliament would be gheraoed",
member of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board and noted
Shia scholar Maulana Kalbe Jawwad told newspersons here.
He alleged that Kazmi`s arrest was the latest in the
series of arrests of innocent Muslims in cases of terrorism
which according to him had been going on in the country for
the past 20 years.
Kazmi was arrested by the Delhi Police in connection with
the bomb attack on an Israeli embassy car in the national
capital last month.
Alleging that Delhi police chief Brijesh Kumar Gupta had
been acting at the behest of Israeli intelligence agencies,
Jawwad demanded CBI inquiry into his assets.
Jamiyat Ulma-e-Hind, Jamat-e-Islami Hind and Maulana
Azad Foundation among other Muslim organisation have protested
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion