Muslims to protest against Ahmed Kazmi`s arrest
Lucknow: Terming Syed Mohd Ahmed Kazmi`s
arrest as the latest instance of innocent Muslims being held
in terror cases, a noted Shia scholar on Friday said members of
the community will stage a march in Lucknow on March 23 and
lay siege to Parliament on March 26 to protest the move.
"In protest against the arrest of the senior scribe, a
protest march would be taken out from the Asifi imambara
to the Shaheed Smarak here after the Friday prayers next
week after which on March 26 Parliament would be gheraoed",
member of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board and noted
Shia scholar Maulana Kalbe Jawwad told newspersons here.
He alleged that Kazmi`s arrest was the latest in the
series of arrests of innocent Muslims in cases of terrorism
which according to him had been going on in the country for
the past 20 years.
Kazmi was arrested by the Delhi Police in connection with
the bomb attack on an Israeli embassy car in the national
capital last month.
Alleging that Delhi police chief Brijesh Kumar Gupta had
been acting at the behest of Israeli intelligence agencies,
Jawwad demanded CBI inquiry into his assets.
Jamiyat Ulma-e-Hind, Jamat-e-Islami Hind and Maulana
Azad Foundation among other Muslim organisation have protested
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH