Muslims to protest against Ahmed Kazmi`s arrest
Lucknow: Terming Syed Mohd Ahmed Kazmi`s
arrest as the latest instance of innocent Muslims being held
in terror cases, a noted Shia scholar on Friday said members of
the community will stage a march in Lucknow on March 23 and
lay siege to Parliament on March 26 to protest the move.
"In protest against the arrest of the senior scribe, a
protest march would be taken out from the Asifi imambara
to the Shaheed Smarak here after the Friday prayers next
week after which on March 26 Parliament would be gheraoed",
member of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board and noted
Shia scholar Maulana Kalbe Jawwad told newspersons here.
He alleged that Kazmi`s arrest was the latest in the
series of arrests of innocent Muslims in cases of terrorism
which according to him had been going on in the country for
the past 20 years.
Kazmi was arrested by the Delhi Police in connection with
the bomb attack on an Israeli embassy car in the national
capital last month.
Alleging that Delhi police chief Brijesh Kumar Gupta had
been acting at the behest of Israeli intelligence agencies,
Jawwad demanded CBI inquiry into his assets.
Jamiyat Ulma-e-Hind, Jamat-e-Islami Hind and Maulana
Azad Foundation among other Muslim organisation have protested
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!