Muzaffarnagar acid attack: Police arrest two perso
Muzaffarnagar: The police on Friday arrested two persons for their alleged involvement in the Muzaffarnagar acid attack case in which four sisters, all of whom are teachers, were severely injured.
Babar Jang, the brother-in-law of the victims, was arrested along with one Javed from Kandhla town of the district, Shamli SP Abdul Hameed said in a press conference.
During interrogation, they disclosed that they had hired two persons for the purpose, Hameed said, adding efforts are on to arrest them.
The sisters -- Kamerjahan (26), Ayisha (25), Isha (23) and Sanam (20) -- were attacked on April 2 when they were returning from a local college after board examination duty.
Isha, who was shifted to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in New Delhi with a badly damaged eye, was today discharged after a successful surgery which reclaimed her vision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened