Muzaffarnagar BA student claims rape by youth in suicide note
Muzaffarnagar: A case of suicide by a BA student has come to light in the district over her alleged rape by a youth here, police said.
The student in Khatoli town died on January 9 after consuming poison.
Yesterday, 35 days after her death, a suicide note was found in which she has stated that she was raped by a youth from her neighbourhood when she had been alone at home.
The parents of the girl have registered a complaint and submitted the alleged suicide note and a sample of her handwriting with police, who said that they were looking into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr