Muzaffarnagar BA student claims rape by youth in suicide note
Muzaffarnagar: A case of suicide by a BA student has come to light in the district over her alleged rape by a youth here, police said.
The student in Khatoli town died on January 9 after consuming poison.
Yesterday, 35 days after her death, a suicide note was found in which she has stated that she was raped by a youth from her neighbourhood when she had been alone at home.
The parents of the girl have registered a complaint and submitted the alleged suicide note and a sample of her handwriting with police, who said that they were looking into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?