Muzaffarnagar: Jailor booked for extortion bid
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Thursday ordered to register a case against the jailor of Muzaffarnagar District Jail and 10 other persons for their alleged
involvement in an extortion bid.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate ordered the case against district jailor RC Upadhyay for allegedly threatening and seeking to extort money from Congress leader Rajbir Singh alongwith notorious criminal Vicky Tyagi.
Singh, who was serving a term in the jail after being arrested in a case from Roorkee, accused Tyagi, an inmate of the same prison, of plotting against him with Upadhyay`s help.
Singh also accused the jail authorities of not acting on his complaint about an attempt on his life after which he approached the court.
Tyagi and 9 others have also been booked in the case, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India