Muzaffarnagar: Jailor booked for extortion bid
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Thursday ordered to register a case against the jailor of Muzaffarnagar District Jail and 10 other persons for their alleged
involvement in an extortion bid.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate ordered the case against district jailor RC Upadhyay for allegedly threatening and seeking to extort money from Congress leader Rajbir Singh alongwith notorious criminal Vicky Tyagi.
Singh, who was serving a term in the jail after being arrested in a case from Roorkee, accused Tyagi, an inmate of the same prison, of plotting against him with Upadhyay`s help.
Singh also accused the jail authorities of not acting on his complaint about an attempt on his life after which he approached the court.
Tyagi and 9 others have also been booked in the case, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened