Muzaffarnagar: Man beaten to death
Muzaffarnagar: A man was allegedly beaten to death by the family of a girl with whom his son eloped at Moghpur village in the district, police said on Sunday.
Satpal, the boy`s father, was found dead on Saturday with his body bearing injury marks, they said.
The victim`s son Sonu (23) had eloped with a girl Renu (22) on June 18 after her family opposed their affair, they said.
The girl`s family had registered a case against the boy and also threatened his father, police added.
The boy`s family has filed an FIR against seven people including Renu`s father accusing them of murder, they said. To ease tension in the village, police has been deployed to tighten the security, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged