Muzaffarnagar: Newly-wed couple seeks police protection
Muzaffarnagar: A newly-wed couple,
belonging to different communities, has sought police
protection after they were threatened by the girl`s family
Durgesh and Anisa Begum alais Sonia, both residents of
Khatoli town in the district, belong to different communities.
The couple eloped after their families opposed the alliance
and got married against their parents` wishes yesterday.
The couple has been provided police protection by the
district authorities following their request, District
Magistrate Santosh Kumar said today.
Meanwhile, the girl`s family members are staging a
protest outside the boy`s house demanding their daughter back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid