Muzaffarnagar riot victim attempts self-immolation
Muzaffarnagar: Upset with the alleged delay in sanctioning of relief fund, a 21-year-old Muzaffarnagar riot victim today allegedly tried to immolate himself in front of the District Magistrate`s office here, police said.
Riot victim Adil belongs to Mohammadpur Rai Singh village where his house was allegedly set on fire during the communal riots in the district September last following which he and his family had moved to a relief camp, they said.
He had applied for relief fund but upset with no response from the concerned departments he took this extreme step, they said.
However, Adil could not succeed in his attempt as the guards at the DM office somehow managed to stop him, they said adding he has been arrested and further investigations are on.
Around 60 people died and thousands were displaced from their homes in last year`s communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring villages of Western Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic