Muzaffarnagar riot victim dies in a relief camp
Muzaffarnagar: A 48-year-old Muzaffarnagar riot victim has died in a relief camp at Ambeta village in the Shamli district, an official here said.
Rozuddin died due to tuberculosis yesterday, Tehsildar of Kairana area Thakur Prasad said.
While Gulfam, the organiser of the relief camp, alleged that he died due to the prevailing cold wave conditions, adding around 300 riot victims are living in the camp.
In another relief camp in Malakpur area of the Shamli district, a five-year-old child was bitten by a dog, relief organiser Gulshad said, adding around 33 children are living in the camp with their families.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that had broken out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’