Muzaffarnagar riot victim dies in a relief camp
Muzaffarnagar: A 48-year-old Muzaffarnagar riot victim has died in a relief camp at Ambeta village in the Shamli district, an official here said.
Rozuddin died due to tuberculosis yesterday, Tehsildar of Kairana area Thakur Prasad said.
While Gulfam, the organiser of the relief camp, alleged that he died due to the prevailing cold wave conditions, adding around 300 riot victims are living in the camp.
In another relief camp in Malakpur area of the Shamli district, a five-year-old child was bitten by a dog, relief organiser Gulshad said, adding around 33 children are living in the camp with their families.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that had broken out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Unlikely Kerala nursing student was forced to drink toilet cleaner, says Karnataka police
- Coolpad launches virtual reality headset at Rs 999
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: Narendra Modi on IPL drought row
- What is Article 50? The key to Brexit
- GER V SVK: Slovakia eye Germany upset in Euro 2016 pre-quarters