Muzaffarnagar riot victim dies in a relief camp
Muzaffarnagar: A 48-year-old Muzaffarnagar riot victim has died in a relief camp at Ambeta village in the Shamli district, an official here said.
Rozuddin died due to tuberculosis yesterday, Tehsildar of Kairana area Thakur Prasad said.
While Gulfam, the organiser of the relief camp, alleged that he died due to the prevailing cold wave conditions, adding around 300 riot victims are living in the camp.
In another relief camp in Malakpur area of the Shamli district, a five-year-old child was bitten by a dog, relief organiser Gulshad said, adding around 33 children are living in the camp with their families.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that had broken out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg celebrates his wedding anniversary in a 'musical' way! - See pic
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi calls for country to move towards 'cashless society'