Muzaffarnagar riot-victims refused to vacate Shamli camp
Muzaffarnagar: Riot-victims residing in Malakpur relief camp in neighbouring Shamli district have refused to leave the place, officials said.
Yesterday, a team of officials from Baghpat visited the Malakpur camp and appealed the victims to return to their native villages. But the victims have refused to leave the camp owing to fear, they said.
"We have appealed them to shift to safer places due to biting cold," Shamli District Magistrate P K Singh said.
Singh denied that authorities were trying to forcefully vacate the camp.
About 250 displaced families were residing in the camp. District authorities have assured the security to the victims if they returned to their native village Wajidpur, SP Baghpat J K Shahi told reporters.
But, they refused to leave the camp. The team has returned, Shahi added.
Meanwhile Secretary of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind of Delhi Hakimuddin has alleged that the district authorities are trying to vacate the camp without giving any alternative place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Sachin Tendulkar's record remains unbroken; Alastair Cook misses out again
- Lanka's missing persons office lacked consultations: HRW
- Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016: BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared tomorrow on May 28
- Reliance launches 4G powered smartphone LYF Flame 4 at Rs 3,999
- 'I am a Tiger. What are you?' asks Jacqueline Fernandez!