Muzaffarnagar riot-victims refused to vacate Shamli camp
Muzaffarnagar: Riot-victims residing in Malakpur relief camp in neighbouring Shamli district have refused to leave the place, officials said.
Yesterday, a team of officials from Baghpat visited the Malakpur camp and appealed the victims to return to their native villages. But the victims have refused to leave the camp owing to fear, they said.
"We have appealed them to shift to safer places due to biting cold," Shamli District Magistrate P K Singh said.
Singh denied that authorities were trying to forcefully vacate the camp.
About 250 displaced families were residing in the camp. District authorities have assured the security to the victims if they returned to their native village Wajidpur, SP Baghpat J K Shahi told reporters.
But, they refused to leave the camp. The team has returned, Shahi added.
Meanwhile Secretary of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind of Delhi Hakimuddin has alleged that the district authorities are trying to vacate the camp without giving any alternative place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars