Muzaffarnagar riots: 10 Muslim leaders chargesheeted by SIT
Muzaffarnagar: BSP MP Kadir Rana, two party MLAs and former UP minister Saeed-uz-Zama of Congress are among 10 persons chargesheeted by the SIT probing the Muzaffarnagar riots for provoking communal tension with inflammatory speeches during a Muslim community panchayat.
The charge sheet was filed in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar by the Special Investigation team yesterday in connection with the alleged hate speeches made in Khalapar locality of the city on August 30, 2013 by the accused in defiance of prohibitory orders clamped following tension in Kawal village in the district, sources said.
Apart from Rana, the others chargesheeted are BSP MLA from Charthawal Noor Saleem Rana, party MLA from Miranpur Maulana Jamil, Congress leader Saeed-uz-Zama, his son Salman Saeed, city board member Asad Zama Ansari, ex-member of the city board Naushad Qureshi, trader Ahsan Qureshi, Sultan Mushir and Naushad, they said.
They have been charged with violating prohibitory orders and inciting communal tension by making inflammatory speeches.
The development came even as the UP government had in January moved to withdraw cases related to riots against the Muslim leaders with the Law Ministry seeking report from district authorities, which were understood to be not in favour of such a step.
Rana had left Samajwadi Party in 2007 to join Rashtriya Lok Dal and then switched to BSP in 2009.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!