Muzaffarnagar riots: 252 cases registered
Muzaffarnagar: A total of 252 cases have been registered and more than 500 people booked in connection with last month`s riots in the district, police said Monday.
"252 cases have been registered in connection with the riots. More than 219 people have already been arrested and six people, including two BJP MLAs -- Sangit Som and Suresh Rana, have also been booked under the National Security Act," said Additional SP (Rural) Alok Priya Darshi said.
The last months riots in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts have claimed at least 62 lives and rendered several homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read