Muzaffarnagar riots: 252 cases registered
Muzaffarnagar: A total of 252 cases have been registered and more than 500 people booked in connection with last month`s riots in the district, police said Monday.
"252 cases have been registered in connection with the riots. More than 219 people have already been arrested and six people, including two BJP MLAs -- Sangit Som and Suresh Rana, have also been booked under the National Security Act," said Additional SP (Rural) Alok Priya Darshi said.
The last months riots in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts have claimed at least 62 lives and rendered several homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister