Muzaffarnagar riots: 3 women allege gang-rape
Muzaffarnagar: Three women from Fugana village in the district have lodged separate police complaints that they were gang-raped during the riots and their homes burnt down, police said on Monday.
"Three women, in their written complaints to police yesterday, have separately alleged that rioters attacked their houses and gang-raped them during the riot in Fugana village," Additional SP (Rural) Alok Priya Darshi told reporters here.
Police have registered three cases against 17 people in this connection at Fugana police station, he said.
The communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas claimed 49 lives and displaced over 40,000 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred