Muzaffarnagar riots: 3 women allege gang-rape
Muzaffarnagar: Three women from Fugana village in the district have lodged separate police complaints that they were gang-raped during the riots and their homes burnt down, police said on Monday.
"Three women, in their written complaints to police yesterday, have separately alleged that rioters attacked their houses and gang-raped them during the riot in Fugana village," Additional SP (Rural) Alok Priya Darshi told reporters here.
Police have registered three cases against 17 people in this connection at Fugana police station, he said.
The communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas claimed 49 lives and displaced over 40,000 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?