Muzaffarnagar riots: 48 dead, say district authorities
Muzaffarnagar: District authorities have put the death toll in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas at 48.
A list of 48 victims, including five women and two children, who were killed during the communal violence were released by district authorities yesterday.
Of the 48 deceased, 43 were from Muzaffarnagar while three victims were from Meerut and one each from Saharanpur and Hapur, officials said.
Two of the deceased are yet to be identified.
Communal violence had erupted in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas after three persons were killed in Kawal village on August 27 over an eve-teasing incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Incoming Philippine president launches vulgar attacks on Church
- Negative global cues drag equity markets lower
- FIFA sack top official Markus Kattner over `breaches` worth millions
- Xiaomi to launch Mi Drone today; check out teaser video