Muzaffarnagar riots: 48 dead, say district authorities
Muzaffarnagar: District authorities have put the death toll in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas at 48.
A list of 48 victims, including five women and two children, who were killed during the communal violence were released by district authorities yesterday.
Of the 48 deceased, 43 were from Muzaffarnagar while three victims were from Meerut and one each from Saharanpur and Hapur, officials said.
Two of the deceased are yet to be identified.
Communal violence had erupted in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas after three persons were killed in Kawal village on August 27 over an eve-teasing incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20