Muzaffarnagar riots accused bail plea dismissed
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has rejected the bail plea of an accused arrested for allegedly looting house of a Muzaffarnagar riots victim during clashes last year.
The court yesterday dismissed the plea of Yogendra Singh, saying there was no case of bail.
According to the prosecution, few people, including the accused, were booked for looting goods from Singh`s house and later setting it on fire at Simbhalka village in neighbouring Shamli district in September last.
Singh had filed a complaint against the miscreants for looting Rs 8 lakh cash and household items meant for his daughter`s wedding. The incident happened when the victim and his family had left the place fearing clashes.
More than 60 people were killed and over 50,000 were displaced during the riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH