Muzaffarnagar riots accused bail plea dismissed
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has rejected the bail plea of an accused arrested for allegedly looting house of a Muzaffarnagar riots victim during clashes last year.
The court yesterday dismissed the plea of Yogendra Singh, saying there was no case of bail.
According to the prosecution, few people, including the accused, were booked for looting goods from Singh`s house and later setting it on fire at Simbhalka village in neighbouring Shamli district in September last.
Singh had filed a complaint against the miscreants for looting Rs 8 lakh cash and household items meant for his daughter`s wedding. The incident happened when the victim and his family had left the place fearing clashes.
More than 60 people were killed and over 50,000 were displaced during the riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back