Muzaffarnagar riots accused bail plea dismissed
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has rejected the bail plea of an accused arrested for allegedly looting house of a Muzaffarnagar riots victim during clashes last year.
The court yesterday dismissed the plea of Yogendra Singh, saying there was no case of bail.
According to the prosecution, few people, including the accused, were booked for looting goods from Singh`s house and later setting it on fire at Simbhalka village in neighbouring Shamli district in September last.
Singh had filed a complaint against the miscreants for looting Rs 8 lakh cash and household items meant for his daughter`s wedding. The incident happened when the victim and his family had left the place fearing clashes.
More than 60 people were killed and over 50,000 were displaced during the riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing