Muzaffarnagar riots accused bail plea dismissed
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has rejected the bail plea of an accused arrested for allegedly looting house of a Muzaffarnagar riots victim during clashes last year.
The court yesterday dismissed the plea of Yogendra Singh, saying there was no case of bail.
According to the prosecution, few people, including the accused, were booked for looting goods from Singh`s house and later setting it on fire at Simbhalka village in neighbouring Shamli district in September last.
Singh had filed a complaint against the miscreants for looting Rs 8 lakh cash and household items meant for his daughter`s wedding. The incident happened when the victim and his family had left the place fearing clashes.
More than 60 people were killed and over 50,000 were displaced during the riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS