Muzaffarnagar riots: All party committee formed to probe TV sting
Lucknow: A seven-member all party committee of UP Assembly has been formed to probe the veracity of a sting operation by a news channel, reportedly showing political interference in functioning of police during the Muzaffarnagar riots and involvement of a minister in it.
Following the resolution passed in the House on September 19 on demand of members of various parties, the committee has been set up today, Principal Secretary of the Vidhan Sabha Pradeep Kumar Dubey said.
"The committee will systematically probe the veracity of the sting operation and probe the CD and other documents, collect documentary and verbal evidences," Dubey said adding that the committee will have the powers to use self-discretion to probe into the concerned issues.
After completing the probe, the committee is expected to submit its report before the conclusion of the first Session of Vidhan Sabha in 2014.
Satish Kumar Nigam of Samajwadi Party will head the committee. Other members are Mohd Irfan (SP), Sangram Yadav (SP), Brijlal Sonekar (SP), Amarpal Sharma (BSP), Manish Asija (BJP) and Dilnawaz Khan (Congress).
Following the sting operation by an electronic channel, the state government had faced a fresh round of attacks in the just concluded brief Monsoon Session by the opposition parties.
The opposition parties also demanded UP minister Azam Khan`s arrest whose name had also figured in the sting operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog