Muzaffarnagar riots: All party committee formed to probe TV sting
Lucknow: A seven-member all party committee of UP Assembly has been formed to probe the veracity of a sting operation by a news channel, reportedly showing political interference in functioning of police during the Muzaffarnagar riots and involvement of a minister in it.
Following the resolution passed in the House on September 19 on demand of members of various parties, the committee has been set up today, Principal Secretary of the Vidhan Sabha Pradeep Kumar Dubey said.
"The committee will systematically probe the veracity of the sting operation and probe the CD and other documents, collect documentary and verbal evidences," Dubey said adding that the committee will have the powers to use self-discretion to probe into the concerned issues.
After completing the probe, the committee is expected to submit its report before the conclusion of the first Session of Vidhan Sabha in 2014.
Satish Kumar Nigam of Samajwadi Party will head the committee. Other members are Mohd Irfan (SP), Sangram Yadav (SP), Brijlal Sonekar (SP), Amarpal Sharma (BSP), Manish Asija (BJP) and Dilnawaz Khan (Congress).
Following the sting operation by an electronic channel, the state government had faced a fresh round of attacks in the just concluded brief Monsoon Session by the opposition parties.
The opposition parties also demanded UP minister Azam Khan`s arrest whose name had also figured in the sting operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic