Muzaffarnagar riots: Another baby dies due to cold
Muzaffarnagar: A four-month-old girl, whose family was displaced during the Muzaffarnagar riots, has died due to cold at Kandhla town in Shamli district, police said on Saturday.
Ahsan, the infant`s mother had been displaced from her native Bahawdi village during Muzaffarnagar riots and was living in a relief camp till last month when she along with her family vacated the relief camp, police said.
After vacating the relief camp recently, Ahsan was living with her family in a cottage in Kandhal, where her infant daughter, Surrya died of cold on Friday, said police.
An enquiry has been ordered into the death of the child, Superintendent of Government Health Centre, Kandhla, Ramesh Chandra said.
A five-month-old baby girl had yesterday succumbed to pneumonia in a relief camp at Malakpur village in Shamli district here.
So far, 34 children living in relief camps have died in riot-hit areas of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts between September 7 and December 20 when the winter chill increased.
While 12 children had died in the camps, the remaining 22 had died in hospitals or nursing homes where they were taken for medical care.
Over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 displaced in communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’