Muzaffarnagar riots: Attachment proceedings initiated against politicians
Muzaffarnagar: Authorities here have initiated attachment proceedings against some party leaders after they failed to surrender in a local court in connection with the last month`s communal violence in the district.
Attachment proceedings have been initiated against BSP MP Kadir Rana, BSP MLA Maulana Jamil, former UP Minister Saeeduzama, all of them are charged with inciting communal tension by making inflammatory speeches during the panchayat held here on August 30.
Chief Judicial Magistrate KP Singh has issued notices to them and also asked them to surrender before it.
Earlier, the court had issued non-bailable warrants against 16 politicians including Rana, Saeeduzama, and Maulana Jamil.
The court had yesterday ordered the attachment proceedings against the party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview