Muzaffarnagar riots: Attachment proceedings initiated against politicians
Muzaffarnagar: Authorities here have initiated attachment proceedings against some party leaders after they failed to surrender in a local court in connection with the last month`s communal violence in the district.
Attachment proceedings have been initiated against BSP MP Kadir Rana, BSP MLA Maulana Jamil, former UP Minister Saeeduzama, all of them are charged with inciting communal tension by making inflammatory speeches during the panchayat held here on August 30.
Chief Judicial Magistrate KP Singh has issued notices to them and also asked them to surrender before it.
Earlier, the court had issued non-bailable warrants against 16 politicians including Rana, Saeeduzama, and Maulana Jamil.
The court had yesterday ordered the attachment proceedings against the party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you