Muzaffarnagar riots: Attachment proceedings initiated against politicians
Muzaffarnagar: Authorities here have initiated attachment proceedings against some party leaders after they failed to surrender in a local court in connection with the last month`s communal violence in the district.
Attachment proceedings have been initiated against BSP MP Kadir Rana, BSP MLA Maulana Jamil, former UP Minister Saeeduzama, all of them are charged with inciting communal tension by making inflammatory speeches during the panchayat held here on August 30.
Chief Judicial Magistrate KP Singh has issued notices to them and also asked them to surrender before it.
Earlier, the court had issued non-bailable warrants against 16 politicians including Rana, Saeeduzama, and Maulana Jamil.
The court had yesterday ordered the attachment proceedings against the party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs