Muzaffarnagar riots: Bail plea of 3 murder accused rejected
Muzaffarnagar: A local court rejected the bail plea of three persons accused of killing two brothers during the riots here last year.
District sessions judge Vijay Laxmi yesterday rejected bail plea of Sehdev, Ajit Singh and Amardeep, accused of killing brothers Shahid and Nawab on September 9 last year, during communal riots that hit the district, said district government council Dushyant Tyagi.
The duo had gone to fetch milk for their shop at Matheri village in the district where they were attacked by the rioters, Tyagi said.
Deceased`s father Akhtar Hasan had loged a complaint with police against six people.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing into the riots had also confirmed their involvement in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption