Muzaffarnagar riots: BJP MLA Sangeet Som gets bail in one case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Monday granted bail to BJP legislator Sangeet Som in a case registered against him for his alleged role in inciting violence in Muzaffarnagar.
However, the BJP MLA will remain in jail as he was also slapped with stringent National Security Act (NSA).
Today, District and Sessions Judge Rama Jain accepted Som`s bail plea.
Som, accused of uploading a fake video that reportedly played a role in provoking communal tension in Muzaffarnagar and making inflammatory speeches, was arrested in Meerut on September 21.
Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Advisory board will hear two separate cases registered against Som and another BJP MLA Suresh Rana under NSA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city