Muzaffarnagar riots: BJP MLA Sangeet Som gets bail in one case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Monday granted bail to BJP legislator Sangeet Som in a case registered against him for his alleged role in inciting violence in Muzaffarnagar.
However, the BJP MLA will remain in jail as he was also slapped with stringent National Security Act (NSA).
Today, District and Sessions Judge Rama Jain accepted Som`s bail plea.
Som, accused of uploading a fake video that reportedly played a role in provoking communal tension in Muzaffarnagar and making inflammatory speeches, was arrested in Meerut on September 21.
Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Advisory board will hear two separate cases registered against Som and another BJP MLA Suresh Rana under NSA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you