Muzaffarnagar riots: BJP MLA Sangeet Som gets bail in one case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Monday granted bail to BJP legislator Sangeet Som in a case registered against him for his alleged role in inciting violence in Muzaffarnagar.
However, the BJP MLA will remain in jail as he was also slapped with stringent National Security Act (NSA).
Today, District and Sessions Judge Rama Jain accepted Som`s bail plea.
Som, accused of uploading a fake video that reportedly played a role in provoking communal tension in Muzaffarnagar and making inflammatory speeches, was arrested in Meerut on September 21.
Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Advisory board will hear two separate cases registered against Som and another BJP MLA Suresh Rana under NSA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam