Muzaffarnagar riots: BJP MLA Suresh Rana granted bail
Muzaffarnagar: BJP legislator Suresh Rana has been released on bail by a local court, almost two months after he was arrested for allegedly fanning communal riots here.
District and Sessions Judge Rama Jain gave bail to Rana yesterday on two surety bonds of Rs one lakh each.
The BJP leader, who was incarcerated in District Jail here, came out of the prison as he had already been granted bail in two other cases.
In November 7, National Security Act (NSA) Advisory Board had revoked detention of Rana and another BJP MLA Sangeet Singh Som under the stringent National Security Act (NSA).
Rana, an MLA from Thana Bhawan constituency of Shamli district, was the first legislator to be arrested after a court had issued non-bailable warrants against 16 persons for their alleged role in the communal violence.
On November 10, BJP MLA Som was released from jail by a neighbouring Deoband court.
The riots had left 62 persons dead and rendered 40,000 homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur