Muzaffarnagar riots: BJP MLA Suresh Rana granted bail
Muzaffarnagar: BJP legislator Suresh Rana has been released on bail by a local court, almost two months after he was arrested for allegedly fanning communal riots here.
District and Sessions Judge Rama Jain gave bail to Rana yesterday on two surety bonds of Rs one lakh each.
The BJP leader, who was incarcerated in District Jail here, came out of the prison as he had already been granted bail in two other cases.
In November 7, National Security Act (NSA) Advisory Board had revoked detention of Rana and another BJP MLA Sangeet Singh Som under the stringent National Security Act (NSA).
Rana, an MLA from Thana Bhawan constituency of Shamli district, was the first legislator to be arrested after a court had issued non-bailable warrants against 16 persons for their alleged role in the communal violence.
On November 10, BJP MLA Som was released from jail by a neighbouring Deoband court.
The riots had left 62 persons dead and rendered 40,000 homeless.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Indian Premier League 2016: Chris Morris does justice to whopping price tag for Delhi Daredevils with incredible 82-run knock
- Facebook profits surge as user base expands
- Watch - Maiden rocket launch from Russia's brand new Vostochny Cosmodrome!
- 'Revamped' Varanasi ghats to go green - PM Modi set to distribute e-boats to boatmen of Ganga
- Air travellers to get refund on development fee for tickets booked beyond April 30