Muzaffarnagar riots: Chargesheet filed against 2 BJP MLAs
Muzaffarnagar: A Special Investigation Team has filed its first charge sheet in the Muzaffarnagar riots against11 accused, including BJP MLAs Suresh Rana and Bhartendu Singh, for allegedly violating prohibitory orders, among other offences.
According to SIT sources, the charge sheet was filed in court against the 11 accused under sections 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty), 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint) of the IPC, besides seven criminal acts here yesterday.
The district authorities had banned the meeting held in Nagla on August 31.
Former block Pramukh Virender Singh, local BJP leader Subhash Baliyan, Umesh, Malik, Yogender, Sachin, Ravinder Kala and two others were also named in the chargesheet.
The SIT is investigating over 500 riot cases in the district that left 62 people dead and thousands homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh