Muzaffarnagar riots: Chargesheet filed against 2 BJP MLAs
Muzaffarnagar: A Special Investigation Team has filed its first charge sheet in the Muzaffarnagar riots against11 accused, including BJP MLAs Suresh Rana and Bhartendu Singh, for allegedly violating prohibitory orders, among other offences.
According to SIT sources, the charge sheet was filed in court against the 11 accused under sections 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty), 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint) of the IPC, besides seven criminal acts here yesterday.
The district authorities had banned the meeting held in Nagla on August 31.
Former block Pramukh Virender Singh, local BJP leader Subhash Baliyan, Umesh, Malik, Yogender, Sachin, Ravinder Kala and two others were also named in the chargesheet.
The SIT is investigating over 500 riot cases in the district that left 62 people dead and thousands homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’