Muzaffarnagar riots: Didn`t upload fake video, says BJP leader Sangeet Som
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh BJP leader Sangeet Som on Wednesday rubbished claims that he uploaded a fake video that played a crucial role in the Muzaffarnagar communal riots.
Som said that he is not on the run, and has even attended the Vidhan Sabha today being the people’s representative.
“It is absolutely wrong, I haven`t uploaded any video. It should be investigated and if I have done so I am ready to face the punishment. The truth is that the Samajwadi Party workers have uploaded it,” Som told media here.
“It is a hundred percent conspiracy against me to please a certain section of the society. I am being unnecessarily accused,” he added.
Som, who has reportedly been accused of circulating a video that claimed to show the lynching of two Hindu Jat boys, further said that he has not given any inciting speech, and asked the concerned authorities to prove it.
The life returned to normal in Muzaffarnagar as the city remained peaceful. No untoward incident has been reported after the curfew was completely lifted.
The Uttar Pradesh Government has constituted a one-member judicial commission to probe the Muzaffarnagar violence, which has claimed over 40 lives.
The commission, which would mainly look into administrative lapses, if any, in controlling the violence, would submit its report to the government within two months.
Violence broke out in the Kawal area of Muzaffarnagar on August 27, when members of a community returning from a panchayat meeting in Naglabadhod, three kilometres from Kawal, clashed with members of another community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez